Drug Inspector 2022 Notification
No of posts :26 [SC-03, ST-01, OBC-10, EWS-02, UR-10) (PwBD-02)*]
Department : Drugs Control Department, Health & Family welfare Department
Pay Scale : Level- 08 in the Pay Matrix as per 7th CPC
Age : 30 years
EDUCATIONAL: Degree in Pharmacy or Pharmaceutical Science or Medicine with
specialization in Clinical Pharmacology or Microbiology from a University established in India
by law : Provided that only those Inspectors:- (i) Who have not less than eighteen months’
experience in the manufacture of at least one of the substances specified in schedule “C”; or
(ii) Who have not less than eighteen months’ experience in testing of at least one of the
substances in schedule “C” in a laboratory approved for this purposed by the licensing
(iii) Who have gained experience of not less than three years in the inspection
of firms manufacturing any of the substances specified in schedule “C” during the tenure of
their services as Drugs Inspectors; shall be authorized to inspect the manufacture of the
substances mentioned in schedule “C” [Provided further that the requirement as to the
academic qualification shall not apply to persons appointed as Inspectors on or before the 18th
day of October, 1993.]
NOTE-I: The Qualifications are relaxable at the discretion of the Union
Public Service Commission, for reasons to be recorded in writing, in the case of candidates
otherwise well qualified.
NOTE-II: The qualification(s) regarding experience is/are relaxable at
the discretion of the Union Public Service Commission, for reasons to be recorded in writing in
the case of candidates belonging to the Scheduled Castes or the Scheduled Tribes, if at any
stage of selection the Union Public Service Commission is of the opinion that sufficient
number of candidates from these communities possessing the requisite experience are not
likely to be available to fill up the vacancies reserved for them.
DUTIES: The duties and
functions of Drugs Inspector , specified in the Rule 51 and Rule 52 of Drugs & Cosmetics
Rules, 1945, includes inspections of all licensed Drug & Cosmetics manufacturer, licensed
Sales Units, Blood Banks etc. drawing of samples of Drugs & Cosmetics from the
manufacturer/dealers for analysis, to ascertain quality aspects, investigation of cases of
spurious, mis-branded and adulterated drugs/cosmetics, related complaints and launching of
prosecution of violation for any breaches of Drugs & Cosmetics Act, 1940, Drugs & Magic
Remedies Act and Drug( Price Control) Order.
HQ: Drugs Control Department, Govt. of NCT of Delhi.
Any Other Condition: Reservation under OBC category will be provided only
to those candidates who submit OBC certificates issued by Govt. of NCT of Delhi.
Candidates who submit OBC certificate issued by other States/UTs will be considered
as General/Unreserved candidates against General/Unreserved vacancies.
(a) Candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs. 25/- (Rupees Twenty five) only either by remitting the money in any branch of the SBI by cash or by using net banking facility of the SBI or by using visa/master credit/debit card.
(b) No fee for SC/ST/PwBD/Women candidates of any community. No “fee exemption” is available to Gen/OBC/EWS male candidates and they are required to pay the full prescribed fee.
(c) Applications without the prescribed fee would not be considered and summarily rejected. No representation against such rejection would be entertained.
(d) Fee once paid shall not be refunded under any circumstance nor can the fee be held in reserve for any other examination or selection.
CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSION OF ONLINE RECRUITMENT APPLICATION (ORA)
THROUGH ORA WEBSITE IS 23:59 HRS ON 27.10.2022.
THE LAST DATE FOR PRINTING OF COMPLETELY SUBMITTED ONLINE
APPLICATION IS UPTO 23:59 HRS ON 28.10.2022.
- Drugs and Cosmetic Act, 1940 and Rules thereunder, 1945 with amendments.
- Pharmacy Act, 1948.
- Drug Price Control Order, 1995.
- Medical Termination of Pregnancy Act, 1971.
- Poison Act, 1919 and Dangerous Drugs Act, 1930.
- Drugs and Magic Remedy Act, 1954.
- Medical and Toilet Preparation Act, 1955.
- Prevention of Cruelty to Animal Act.
- Trademark Registration Act.
- Pharmaceutical Ethics.
- Routes of administration.
- Various processes of Absorption, Metabolism, distribution and excretion of drugs
- Introduction and General Principle Mode of Action
- Drug Antagonist
- Routes of Administration
- Drug Dependence and Addiction
- Adverse Drug Reaction, Drug Toxicity, Drug Abuse, Drug Allergy
- Drugs acting on the Central Nervous System, autonomic nervous system.
- Local anaesthetics.
- Drugs acting on eye
- Drugs acting on respiratory system
- Antacids, Physiological role of histamine and serotonin, Histamine and Antihistamines, Prostaglandins.
- Cardio Vascular drugs
- Drugs affecting renal function
- Hormones and hormone antagonists
- Drugs acting on digestive system
- Chemotherapy of microbial disease
- Chemotherapy of cancer.
- Disinfectants and antiseptics
- Tablet and Tablet Coating, Capsule,
- Blood Fluid and Electrolytes
- Parenteral Preparation and
- Quality Control, Emulsion, Suspension, Ointment and Cream, Ophthalmic Solutions
- Surgical Dressing,
- Biological Preparation (Vaccine, Sera, and Anti – Sera)
- Storage, Structure and brand names:
- Antihistaminic agents
- Psycho-therapeutic agents
- Sedatives and Hypnotics
- Cardiovascular Agents
- Limit Test
- Microbiological Assay of Vitamins
- Sterility Test
- Pyrogen test
- Kerl Fischer Titration
- Theory & application of Colorimeter, Fluorimeter, Nephelometer, and Turbidimeter
- Alchohol Determination
- Microbiological Assay of Vitamins, Antibiotics, and Vaccine Preparation
Uses, sources, and adulteration of the following classes of natural drugs:
- Chemical Constituents
- Bael and Ephedra
- Handling of Prescription
- Storage Conditions of Drugs
- Clinical Pharmacy
- Digestive System
- Reproductive System
- Respiratory System
- Urinary System
- First Aid
- Aids Control
- Population Control
- Unseen Passages
- Proverbs, etc.
- Science- Inventions & Discoveries
- Indian Constitution
- India and Neighboring Countries
- Knowledge of current Events
- General Politics
- Budget and Five Year Plans
- Current Affairs
- Important Financial & Economic News
- Economy, Banking, and Finance
- Scientific Research
- Countries & Capitals